What is TooMuchPatentLeather?

My name is Alex and this blog is more of a diary or mood board, expressing my own original thoughts about fashion, beauty, art and what exactly is too much. The title of this blog is like my personal style in that it is ironic- there can never be too much patent leather. Fashion is more than self expression or art, it is a form of communication and this page will be committed to communicating both simple and elaborate conceptual ideas and also opinions. Whenever I place pictures of myself I am not using professional photography tools. I do not own or claim property on any images. Feel free to leave a comment expressing your own opinions and constructive criticism. Thanks for reading!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back To Black: The Basics


With the impending new year around the bend, I have recently been evaluating what is important in life. Through this evaluation comes decisions, and these decisions reflect on other aspects of life. With fashion, now it seems the less is so much more. Returning to the basics, back to black, the t shirt. Simplicity. Amy Winehouse retaught us how soul doesn't need so much. In a world where artists have to scream and wear pastel to stand out, subtle actions ironically stand out on its own. The beautiful idea of the t shirt in times of complexity seems so beautiful. Black v-neck, white or torn. The t shirt on a person's back can tell their story, where they've been, where they're going. In hopes to make a little more sense, I look to this upcoming year as a year of returning to basics. Less is more, quality is beautiful. Back to black.





Visionary. 

Always ahead of a trend.










No comments:

Post a Comment