What is TooMuchPatentLeather?

My name is Alex and this blog is more of a diary or mood board, expressing my own original thoughts about fashion, beauty, art and what exactly is too much. The title of this blog is like my personal style in that it is ironic- there can never be too much patent leather. Fashion is more than self expression or art, it is a form of communication and this page will be committed to communicating both simple and elaborate conceptual ideas and also opinions. Whenever I place pictures of myself I am not using professional photography tools. I do not own or claim property on any images. Feel free to leave a comment expressing your own opinions and constructive criticism. Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nostalgia


It seems as time passes, nostalgia develops. Through this evolving sense of time I often look back at time periods with a fondness that ignores the true realities of the time or at the very least accepts some and diminishes others. How does style change if we apply this nostalgia to current style. It seems tragic, to live in the past, as fashion is always about moving forward.  How we understand the past controls how we see the future. Having a sweet nostalgia makes certain memories sweeter. Its romantic, soft and yet beneath it there is a coldness. Hard to explain, nostalgia is a great unique way of changing perspectives on certain style. Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think!













Found Here






No comments:

Post a Comment