What is TooMuchPatentLeather?

My name is Alex and this blog is more of a diary or mood board, expressing my own original thoughts about fashion, beauty, art and what exactly is too much. The title of this blog is like my personal style in that it is ironic- there can never be too much patent leather. Fashion is more than self expression or art, it is a form of communication and this page will be committed to communicating both simple and elaborate conceptual ideas and also opinions. Whenever I place pictures of myself I am not using professional photography tools. I do not own or claim property on any images. Feel free to leave a comment expressing your own opinions and constructive criticism. Thanks for reading!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Saying Goodbye: I can't talk, I'm on the road

      On the road vibes has been set in my mind lately. Finally deciding to say goodbye to parts of your life is only frustrating when still having to wait to leave. Despite my contempt for her, You and I by Lady Gaga has been on repeat, with a little of Pacific Coast Highway by Hole. Living on the road, out of a suitcase seems really appealing at this time of my life. Its the danger, the possibilities and freedom, the isolation and the hope. The road gives up little and promises alot. The feelings of having nothing but the road behind you. Saying goodbye is never easy, and sometimes not even a relief. The movie Radio Flyer reflects a lot on the power of saying goodbye and leaving. This imagery reflects the despairing emotions that forces a goodbye to be said. Right now, goodbye means more of good riddance.


"muscle cars drove a truck right through my heart"

.











shot from Natural Born Killers


No comments:

Post a Comment